Featured Spatter Glass Bowl

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Oct 13, 2017.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

IMG_5419.JPG IMG_5420.JPG IMG_5421.JPG IMG_5422.JPG IMG_5424.JPG IMG_5425.JPG Any suggestions on the origin?
    Thanks

2. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I had a similar bowl that turned out to be Murano. It was the same coloring - white with a few colored dots. It's a nice bowl.

3. kardinalisimo

Was there a rough pontil scar? Also, the form here is a bit irregular.

judy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  4. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

I vote Italian.

5. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

With that rough pontil I vote Chinese.

judy, Ghopper1924 and aaroncab like this.
  6. kardinalisimo

Since when rough pontil equals Chinese? It could be but for me that's not enought evidence of Chinese origin.

7. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

When have you ever seen a piece of Murano WITH a rough pontil? All my opinion of course,and you know what they say about those.

judy likes this.
  8. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

9. kardinalisimo

How in the world did you look into Blenko? I would never thought of it. Decoration and the off-shape seems to be right. Just have to find the exact # as the catalog images are very blurry.

judy likes this.
  10. kardinalisimo

11. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

Glad to see you found a match. The measurements on the Worthpoint listing are in line with what are stated in the Blenko catalog (which are never going to match exactly for hand-formed glass).

I'm not sure why the images were blurry for you. Were you able to access the full-size catalog pages? If not, you can click to enlarge the catalog pages in the viewer frame, or click the icon in the top-right corner of the frame. It says "Pop-out" when your mouse hovers on top - it allows you to view the catalogs from the actual PDF files stored on google. You can also download most of the catalogs once you are viewing the google version of the files.

Blenko.jpg

judy and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  12. kardinalisimo

Thanks. I am browing on my phone. Got it, viewing on google docs is much better.

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted