Featured Split relish dish with blossom floral pattern and beads or bubbles at bottom and sides

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by rknarr2, Jul 31, 2022.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I have a split relish dish with blossom floral pattern and beads or bubbles at the bottom and along the top edge. Dimensions are about 5 1/2" top dia. x 1 1/2" tall. The blossom floral pattern looks like Blossom Time by Silver City However 2 things are throwing me off 1) beads or bubbles at the bottom and along the top edge and 2) blossom floral pattern looks black from the inside but white with gold highlights on the other side. I would like some assistance with the company and pattern? Thank you for your help in this matter. Rob
    IMG_2987small.JPG IMG_2990small.JPG IMG_2993small.JPG IMG_2994small.JPG

TallCakes, antidiem and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

Looks like the Candlewick pattern by Imperial Glass Co.

Figtree3, stracci and antidiem like this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
  4. rknarr2

5. rknarr2

I have further looked on replacements.com, ebay and etsy found the duncan miller clear teardrop but not with the floral arrangement on the side of mine. I will check worthpoint next. If that does not work, I will contact replacements.com and ask them to do a pattern search on duncan miller teardrop that I have. Rob

laura9797 likes this.
  6. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The floral decor was done by a decorating firm and not by Duncan Miller. Available to other manufacturers. I doubt the design will add much value.

laura9797, pearlsnblume and stracci like this.
  7. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

Silver City produced several similar 'blossom' decors. 'Blossom Time' is identifiable by the inclusion of a bee in the design, which I am not seeing in yours (tho' it may be that the bee was dismissed due to limited space on this particular piece of glass). There is also the 'Queen's Rose' decor, which is very similar; not sure if there may also be other similars. Replacements very often lists the glass by the decor pattern rather than the glass blank pattern, which make it difficult to use "R" for an accurately ID at times...

Last edited: Jul 31, 2022
    Figtree3 and laura9797 like this.
  8. rknarr2

Thank you. I believe it is a duncan miller teardrop nut dish but I don't think I better list it on ebay if I can not identify the pattern. At least I know the company name.
    Thank you for that. Rob

laura9797 likes this.
  9. rknarr2

ok, thank you. One other difference is that mine has a silver trim unlike the duncan miller clear teardrop. I am grateful to know the company name that made mine. Rob

laura9797 and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted