Squashed vase art?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lisaS, Oct 2, 2023.

  1. lisaS

    lisaS Active Member

    Could somebody….!!anybody….!! please, please help me identify this insane piece of vase? I have searched every single site and nothing comes up. I know there will be at least 2 people in the whole world who will know who did this and 1 is the maker:) all I know is I threw something that resembled this in my recycle bin this morning!! IMG_9711.jpeg
  2. Ownedbybear

    Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

    That technique is called strapped or strapping.
    Figtree3 likes this.
  3. verybrad

    verybrad Well-Known Member

    Here in the US, it is usually referred to as threading. I saw a bowl in the thrift the other day with this very same color and technique. It had a big box store tag with Chinese import information on the bottom.
  4. lisaS

    lisaS Active Member

    Ahh thank you very much! It’s very much concaved all over it, it’s definitely different:pompous:
  5. lisaS

    lisaS Active Member

    I’m not sure if you can tell by my picture but it looks like it’s been squeezed when hot. Every side is near enough touching the middle.
  6. Marie Forjan

    Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

    I think sometimes it's called pinched?
  7. laura9797

    laura9797 Well-Known Member

    If the threading is applied, I would call it rigaree. What does the pontil look like? Likely studio art glass although it could be Bohemian/Kralik.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads: Squashed vase
Forum Title Date
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain Squashed vase with a dog tag question Sep 24, 2018
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain Pls help: Lrg. Celadon Vase Markings Saturday at 11:31 PM
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain Art glass vase Friday at 8:32 PM
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain Loetz/Kralik vibe from this cabinet vase Wednesday at 9:13 AM
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain Desert Sands Pottery Unglazed Vase 13" - Any Comparibles? Nov 26, 2023

Share This Page