Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Starburst / atomic barware - Federal Glass?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="UncleChuckTX, post: 115816, member: 154"]Thanks for the replies, everyone.</p><p><br /></p><p>I agree about them not being Swanky Swigs, Greg. Every SS example I can find has a thin base, where the base on these is between 1/2" - 3/4" thick. Sorry I forgot to include a profile pic:</p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]29130[/ATTACH] </p><p><br /></p><p>And, Don, I see what you're saying about the stem on the Federal pilsners. I found examples in this pattern (listed as Swanky Swigs - ha), and the stems matched the Federal examples perfectly. I also found other patterns that I know are Libbey (Mediterranean aka Atomic Fish, for example), and they have a 3-lobed stem rather than the wafer.</p><p><br /></p><p>I think I'll go with Federal, and do a "best guess" disclaimer in the listing.</p><p><br /></p><p>Oh, and I did look through the Libbey catalogues, OldGuy, and the only "atomic" or starburst patterns I could find were their Granada and Galaxy patterns. Perhaps that is what you remember? Granada is first shown in the 1955 Fall catalog. Galaxy is first shown in 1956 Spring.</p><p><br /></p><p><a href="http://www.libbeyhistory.com/Catalogs.html" target="_blank" class="externalLink ProxyLink" data-proxy-href="http://www.libbeyhistory.com/Catalogs.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.libbeyhistory.com/Catalogs.html</a></p><p><br /></p><p>Thanks again, everyone![/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="UncleChuckTX, post: 115816, member: 154"]Thanks for the replies, everyone. I agree about them not being Swanky Swigs, Greg. Every SS example I can find has a thin base, where the base on these is between 1/2" - 3/4" thick. Sorry I forgot to include a profile pic: [ATTACH=full]29130[/ATTACH] And, Don, I see what you're saying about the stem on the Federal pilsners. I found examples in this pattern (listed as Swanky Swigs - ha), and the stems matched the Federal examples perfectly. I also found other patterns that I know are Libbey (Mediterranean aka Atomic Fish, for example), and they have a 3-lobed stem rather than the wafer. I think I'll go with Federal, and do a "best guess" disclaimer in the listing. Oh, and I did look through the Libbey catalogues, OldGuy, and the only "atomic" or starburst patterns I could find were their Granada and Galaxy patterns. Perhaps that is what you remember? Granada is first shown in the 1955 Fall catalog. Galaxy is first shown in 1956 Spring. [URL]http://www.libbeyhistory.com/Catalogs.html[/URL] Thanks again, everyone![/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain
>
Starburst / atomic barware - Federal Glass?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...