Featured Sterling Silver Hummingbird Pin - Older?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KikoBlueEyes, Feb 16, 2021.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I couldn't find anything similar on the web, but I suspect that this Sterling Silver Hummingbird pin is older based on the clasp. I don't know, so I thought I would ask. It was very dirty and bent, when I found it. I cleaned it up some to see if I could find any marks, but all I could find was the 925 stamp. The wings are easily bent, but the body is more solid. The feather detail seems to be very irregular, like it was added by hand later. The marks overlap and are different lengths. It is large with a wing span of 3 1/2 inches and 2 inches from the top of the head to the bottom of the tail feathers. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

IMG_9235.jpg IMG_9248.jpg IMG_9240.JPG IMG_9237.JPG IMG_9241.JPG IMG_9243.JPG IMG_9247.JPG IMG_9246.JPG

elarnia, pearlsnblume, KSW and 3 others like this.
  2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. KikoBlueEyes

KSW, Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is lovely, Kiko.
    Agree. And none of them have a soldered on strip for the clasp and hinge. That strip is generally seen on older pieces, ca mid 20s-1950s. Jezlaine started in the 70s.

KikoBlueEyes, i need help and KSW like this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

AJ As usual you can up with a useful insight into how to determine real older with fake older. Thank you. I'm thinking a silversmith or small company lost in history.

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted