Featured Sterling Sugar Tongs ID Help Please

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Marie Forjan, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

They are both 4" and the image from Replacements was for sugar tongs. They do have a 3-1/2' pair called bon-bon tongs :)

2. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Canterbury was in production for at least a century, there were variants in piece style, your small sugar tongs are more pleasing to my eye than the other design shown, which is factory production and probably more common than yours, it was made in four different sizes (Replacements designates their modified or 'hand-crafted' pieces as 'HC'). Ice tongs would be larger, the older ones often with one or both ends bowl-shaped - the tiny 'bon-bon' tongs were usually called called 'tête-à-tête' sugar tongs by Towle, for use in the smaller sized tête-à-tête tea or coffee sets.

~Cheryl

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  3. Marie Forjan

Thank you Cheryl :rolleyes:

i need help likes this.
  4. Silver

Silver Active Member

On the question of knowing the name of a pattern, I don't sell my stuff (not yet anyhow) but I like to know the pattern name if it had one.

i need help and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. Marie Forjan

Update, the tongs sold this week on eboo. I asked the buyer if they look for that pattern or she just needed silver sugar tongs. She replied she is a collector of that pattern and is actively looking for pieces to fill in her collection.

So, if I am selling, it is indeed a good thing to know the maker and the pattern if possible :)

i need help and Bakersgma like this.
  6. Asian Fever

Asian Fever Well-Known Member

We know weight first ;););)

Draft saved Draft deleted