Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
still life oil painting L bras??
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Lark, post: 4377330, member: 13605"]I am not offended by Lars but my name is Larkin and I just signed in on Antiquers as Lark. i would be happy to share. You have to understand that for most of my life I had very low self esteem especially when it came to art. I had a very stressful year in my long teaching career and a friend suggested i join her painting group. I started out more like Grandma Moses -very simple. That is the fourth of July family celebration in front of my current 1851 house. Then I took a short drawing class at our senior center from an amazing instructor and that is my pencil sketch of my dog. Watercolor rocks on the California beach, I then tried acrylics - lizards on a barn and my first dry pastels (painted with a paint brush) The tigers. The mirror trick is amazing. i did not like something about my Tigers when I finished them. When I held them up to the mirror , I could see the nose was about 1/16" off. Fixed the problem. The mirror trick will show perspective errors.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]366659[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]366660[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]366661[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]366662[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]366663[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Lark, post: 4377330, member: 13605"]I am not offended by Lars but my name is Larkin and I just signed in on Antiquers as Lark. i would be happy to share. You have to understand that for most of my life I had very low self esteem especially when it came to art. I had a very stressful year in my long teaching career and a friend suggested i join her painting group. I started out more like Grandma Moses -very simple. That is the fourth of July family celebration in front of my current 1851 house. Then I took a short drawing class at our senior center from an amazing instructor and that is my pencil sketch of my dog. Watercolor rocks on the California beach, I then tried acrylics - lizards on a barn and my first dry pastels (painted with a paint brush) The tigers. The mirror trick is amazing. i did not like something about my Tigers when I finished them. When I held them up to the mirror , I could see the nose was about 1/16" off. Fixed the problem. The mirror trick will show perspective errors. [ATTACH=full]366659[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]366660[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]366661[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]366662[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]366663[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
still life oil painting L bras??
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...