Still Steep in the learning Curve

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by John R, Nov 5, 2023.

1. John R

John R Member

Hi everyone,

I opened an antique booth about one year ago, and have been selling online for a while now, but I still feel like I am very deep in the learning curve with regard to identifying antiques and vintage. I just have so many questions. I'm hoping this forum is a good place to post some pics and ask for help identifying things.

I read the TOS and I just want to be respectful and polite to everyone. See you around. :)

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Let me be the first to welcome you, John! You'll find lots of helpful and knowledgable people here.

Debora

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome, John.

4. John R

John R Member

Thanks Deborah. Thanks Any Jewelry. :happy:

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Welcome. I started here. It's a great place to learn.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Welcome John.When I started here I fancied myself quite knowledgeable, I quickly realized I wasnt ! Ive learned so much on here I cant begin to explain. And Ive been at it far longer than I care to remember ! Fantastic place ,lovely people .

Any Jewelry, wlwhittier and Houseful like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Welcome. I was a vintage jewelry seller for years and am starting to know how much I don't know. There's a lot I don't know!

wlwhittier likes this.
  8. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, John!

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

greetings.....

For Future reference, when posting images:

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    There are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

Try emailing them to yourself as "medium" size, they should then be under 1 MB!

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

As an added note, when you have your photos LISTED, BUT BEFORE you hit POST, please click on the wording that says to "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS FULL IMAGE" !! That way, we're not clicking on little thumbnails, but get to see all of the images full sized!! Thanks! Remember, it takes a bit for MOST new members to get the hang of it, but it's really quite simple once you get used to it!!!" If you still have questions, DON'T hesitate to ASK!!!!

( credit @@Aquitaine )

wlwhittier and Debora like this.
  11. wlwhittier

wlwhittier Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard, John...You'll find good company here!

12. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted