Featured Stories from wonderland

Discussion in 'Books' started by Mc07, Jul 1, 2023.

1. Mc07

Mc07 New Member

7501B61D-DF9F-4804-943B-53EF44608D70.jpeg 84B16153-D483-4DE4-9D20-0FE1F512E508.jpeg F7C01174-D49E-4880-996F-6AF686395C67.jpeg Hi. My grandma had this book for her whole life. She recently passed away. Can anyone tell me anything about it? Comin up empty when I google or search eBay. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2023
    Figtree3, pearlsnblume and Ex Libris like this.
  2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

What does the spine say? Obviously this is from the Alice in Wonderland series. Wonderful book with engravings!!!!

Mc07 likes this.
  3. Mc07

Mc07 New Member

Thank you for the reply. It's a great book ! The spine says stories from wonderland at the top and a similar engraving at the bottom as the front cover. I can get more pics later. I just liked how the inside cover has "18_" and a date filled in. Pretty neat that it's over 100 years old !

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

You could try reaching out to abebooks.com

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. Ex Libris

Ex Libris Well-Known Member

6. Ex Libris

Ex Libris Well-Known Member

7. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I can’t see any mention of Lewis Carroll so I don’t think it’s anything to do with Alice. Looks to be mainly about travel.

BaseballGames and Figtree3 like this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Appears to have been a Christmas present. I read 1894. Nothing to do with Carroll beyond the title which evokes his popular Alice series.

Debora

BaseballGames and Figtree3 like this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I would think online asking prices hopeful. Value IMHO sentimental if passed down through your family.

Debora

10. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Looks like all of the online copies on Bookfinder were issued later than 1894 (Debora is right about the date on @Mc07 's copy), by a different publisher -- Juvenile Publishing company rather than J.B. Moore. Means nothing, except that the 1894 edition may be harder to find. That doesn't make it valuable, though.

Ex Libris likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted