Strange Pottery Cup For Stopper

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by antiquelover69, Oct 25, 2020.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

This Pottery came out of a storage I bought. Has a cup for a stopper,never came across one like this one.Has a sticker on side"Handcrafted in Museumn,measure 8" with cup stopper. SAM_3182.JPG SAM_3183.JPG SAM_3184.JPG SAM_3185.JPG SAM_3187.JPG SAM_3190.JPG

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

The stopper looks rather like an inkwell insert. I wonder if these came together or just happened to fit as they don't quite match.

There were tall master ink bottles so maybe it's meant to copy a master ink, often with a pour lip, with an inkwell lid (that I assume would have had a smaller lid on top).

antiquelover69 likes this.
  3. antiquelover69

I have no idea,but the top has the same color as the tall jar.I just can't find anything similar to it

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

maybe that Museum logo could lead somewhere..

antiquelover69 likes this.
  5. antiquelover69

I look at the logo and can't figure out what museum it is.

Draft saved Draft deleted