Strawflower jug with arrows mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Chinoiserie, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Grabbed this today. I see a few similar marks have been posted on here before. Not seen one with quills pointing away from numerals though IMG20231119112559_copy_1205x1607.jpg IMG20231119112606_copy_1327x1769.jpg IMG20231119112613_copy_1297x1729.jpg

johnnycb09 likes this.
  2. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

it's german - my client lived there for 7 years and he brought home at least 100 pieces of this pattern - I will look the next time I am there for the makers mark - some vary from piece to piece...

3. Chinoiserie

I would sway towards Germany too. The pattern is copied quite a lot so I guess the mark rather than the pattern would yield the manufacturer. I have even seen masons plates with the strawflower pattern.

Rclinftl and judy like this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

It's probably Kalk.

Lucille.b and Chinoiserie like this.
  5. Chinoiserie

I've not heard of that one but I will have a look thanks

johnnycb09 likes this.
  6. Chinoiserie

johnnycb09 and Lucille.b like this.
  7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

johnnycb09, Lucille.b and Chinoiserie like this.
  8. Chinoiserie

Yes they do seem to point the wrong way. I have seen examples with the numbers at the side so it's hard to be certain about it. The link I posted has the arrows pointing the same way as mine and is very similar. However there is no proof that it is a kalk either.

Lucille.b likes this.
  9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Arnart also used a crossed arrows mark.

10. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

11. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Even though the arrows seem to point the wrong way, I would say Kalk, too, because the body is very white and German porcelain is usually quite white, IIRC.

Chinoiserie likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted