Stretch Glass Pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Aug 25, 2017.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

IMG_1245.JPG IMG_1246.JPG IMG_1247.JPG Any suggestions on the maker?

lauragarnet likes this.
  2. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  3. lauragarnet

This one is supposed to be a Fenton stretch glass #215 too. The description is quite detailed. But the shape looks different. WorthPoint:
    [​IMG]
    SCARCE FENTON 1926 VELVA ROSE STRETCH GLASS #215 JUICE PITCHER
    [..]This auction is for a Velva Rose Stretch or Carnival Glass Juice Pitcher. According to my research, it was made by the Fenton Art Glass Company from 1926-1929. It is unmarked.
    You can reference this item #215 in the Fenton 1907-1939 Catalog in the Stretch Glass Section. It is pictured in Celeste Blue and Florentine Green.
    This beautiful Pitcher is 8 3/4" tall. It has outstanding colors. Very pretty!
    No chips, cracks, or repairs.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  4. lauragarnet

5. kardinalisimo

I was on the Shetlar site and checked the Fenton page but somehow I've missed it.
    Mine is 8 3/4" tall but the base is bigger, about 4 1/4".

6. kardinalisimo

IMG_1259.JPG IMG_1245.JPG So, the Fenton base is supposed to be 3 1/2" and also seems like the handle is a bit different. The upper part that attaches to the body is not that thin.
    Maybe a another maker or Fenton made the same pitcher with different size and handle.

7. lauragarnet

You should post a straight on side shot ASAP for @Cherryhill and our other glass experts who will all want that view. You know the routine. :p

The green set with tumblers from the auction looks flared at the bottom with thinner glass at the base. The pink pitcher from WorthPoint looks completely cylindrical with a thicker glass base. I can't tell for sure from the picture of yours if it's a straight sided cylinder or slightly flared.

Here is a green one on Tias with no attribution:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Vintage Green Stretch Glass Pitcher
    price: $95.00
    Beautiful 8 1/2" high, iridescent pinks, blues and greens, heavy

8. lauragarnet

I agree with you, the handle application is different.

9. kardinalisimo

I've also noticed what Shetlarglass shows as #215 is flared. Mine is straight as the rest but at least their handles looks identical to what is supposed to be a Fenton pitcher. The one from the set looks like a bit taller but without dimensions I can't tell for sure.
    So, either they are all Fenton, or some are or none are :)

10. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

I'm staying out of this, my interest/knowledge pretty well stops about 1900.

Draft saved Draft deleted