Struggling to ID some of my latest purchase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Kamz, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Kamz

Kamz New Member

Hi there,

I may have snuck a sneaky last minute offer in on an ebay lot. Thought it looked good, and not like the obvious fakes - so I thought I would take a punt. I've since identified the first as a Sowerby Carnival wickerwork plate with three footed base. Having great difficulty with the latter pieces though. Can anyone offer any assistance?

Many thanks for reading, appreciate any help I can get.

P.S I hope I have posted the pictures ok.

$_3.JPG
    ~

$_3 (1).JPG
    ~
    $_3 (2).JPG

~
    $_3 (3).JPG

2. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

I'm not a glassie, so can't answer your questions, but just wanted to say that first one is so cool!

Kamz likes this.
  3. Kamz

Kamz New Member

Thank you! Thats what suckered me into bidding...I hadn't seen one like like it before...but then its all new to me at the moment :shame:

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

There's a very good carnival glass website at ddoty.com Worth a look.

5. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Any makers marks on the bottoms?

6. Kamz

Kamz New Member

Thanks guys,

I have used that website.and it has been very helpful. I'm a little over excited about buying it, havent physically got my hands on it yet (however it was described as like new, been kept in the cupboard for years and years) so I am hopeful the condition is great, but we will see.

Have figured out the plate with stand as somerby willow works, the next as feather stitch (fenton) and the last as twins, but unsure of brand as to twins (some very.lovely people on a carnival facebook group helped me out with that). May have to wait until I get my greedy hands on my first lot of carnival glass. Will take some pictures of any marks on the bottom as soon as I get it :)

Thanks for checking out my pics,

Susie.

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  7. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

tie.dye.cat, Kamz and Rayo56 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted