Struggling With A Chinese Porcelain Mark

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by John Brassey, Oct 14, 2023.

1. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

This lovely vase is coming up for sale soon. It reminds me of tea dust glazes.

it has a mark on the vase but it is not a typical reign mark as it doesn’t begins with the usual Da Ming or Da Qing

I’ve looked high and low but the closest I’ve got to it is a Chang and possibly Guangxu

Any thoughts?

IMG_4516.png IMG_4518.png IMG_4519.png

Lucille.b, sabre123, Bronwen and 3 others like this.
  2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

'Vessel like a precious trinket for the Pavilion of Constant Abundance' - originally a Kangxi mark. The spatter on the concentric circles suggests it's probably later and there's quite a lot of iron in the foot rim, although it looks neatly done. I'd think it's worth a punt if it's not too expensive.

trip98, kentworld, komokwa and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted