Studio Pottery Peacock Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Jul 3, 2016.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Found this vase yesterday and was wondering if anyone had info on the potter who made it. Measures 12 1/4" tall and is 7" wide. The signature looks like Jisick or Tisick.

DSCF3654.JPG DSCF3655.JPG DSCF3656.JPG DSCF3657.JPG DSCF3658.JPG DSCF3659.JPG

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I see Harry Tisick
    In googling all I get is Harry Potter
    Anyone else getting frustrated with google search?

Last edited: Jul 3, 2016
    Aquitaine likes this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's very nice...

Aquitaine likes this.
  4. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Harry Tisick was my thought. But I got the same resukts with Google, just Harry Potter. That is why I was hoping someone might know who he is.

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Salt glazed stoneware. It looks distinctly German or Luxembourg made to me.

6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Totally ! I cant believe with such a clear signature , theres nothing about this guy !

7. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

Studio pottery can be very difficult to ID as there were/are literally thousands of them. There really isn't any reference material published on the net or elsewhere, and most work in relative obscurity, known only within the area they sell their works, so I'm not all that surprised that google doesn't return any results.

Unfortunately, most don't have a following that results in sufficient demand to affect the value of their work beyond decorative.

8. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

It's not just this search.
    I put in History of such and such. Instead of getting information, google returns items for sale.
    Search google images and mostly pinterest pictures come up. They don't lead to sites that might have information.

I'm finding it more and more difficult to research items, history and people.

Draft saved Draft deleted