Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
SUGGESTIONS PLEASE FOR REPATRIATING SURFACE FINDS FROM OQUIR, SAUDI ARABIA.
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Darkwing Manor, post: 4346981, member: 738"]Thank you, Deborah. I just contacted them. As an avocational archeologist and a retired museum curator, I find it abhorrent when people surface collect, unless it is a prescribed part of a permitted dig plan. In any case the context, and in this situation the exact location has been lost. But I know better than to second guess any field professional's assessment of how valuable they will find these to be. So, back they go, if I can get a proper reply. I will keep you posted.[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Darkwing Manor, post: 4346981, member: 738"]Thank you, Deborah. I just contacted them. As an avocational archeologist and a retired museum curator, I find it abhorrent when people surface collect, unless it is a prescribed part of a permitted dig plan. In any case the context, and in this situation the exact location has been lost. But I know better than to second guess any field professional's assessment of how valuable they will find these to be. So, back they go, if I can get a proper reply. I will keep you posted.[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
SUGGESTIONS PLEASE FOR REPATRIATING SURFACE FINDS FROM OQUIR, SAUDI ARABIA.
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...