Featured Suppliers of seed pearls

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ce BCA, May 11, 2021.

1. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Does anyone have a link/contact for buying good quality genuine seed pearls (UK preferably)? If they have coral cabs too that would be a bonus!

I used to be able to get them from a retired jeweller, but they have given up entirely. I have tried places like ebay and etsy and the quality has been truly awful, either out and out fake plastic or just a micron of nacre over a bead so useless for splitting and won't last a weekend in use. Cooksongold only has a really limited range and non small enough for what I needed. Most of the bead suppliers only start at 3mm and I need to get some as small as 1mm.

Many thanks.

2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

When you find some please let me know!.
    I’ve got a couple of pieces missing tiny half pearls and they are almost impossible to find. Short of taking them out of a damaged piece of jewellery I have no ideas. Trouble is most were set in gold and the price of gold means even the scrappers are out of my price range. I wait and hope one will drop into my lap.

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Somewhere I have some teeny tiny ones drilled as beads, but no half pearls. They were on a damaged Indian bracelet. The holes are so small I can't restring them.

KSW and kyratango like this.
  4. MaJa

MaJa Active Member

kyratango, Ownedbybear and Ce BCA like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted