Swirled glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Cindy Holle, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Cindy Holle

Cindy Holle New Member

hello!
    I’m trying to learn something about this vase I bought at a flea market. Does this style have a name or a particular era or age? It’s glass, no marks on the bottom, and a scalloped edge on the top.
    Thanks!
    Edit: I (hopefully) added a pic of the bottom. The whitish Mark is residue from a price sticker.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 17, 2019
    Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  2. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Cindy Holle

Cindy Holle New Member

Thanks, will do!

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  5. Cindy Holle

Cindy Holle New Member

Hello!

Christmasjoy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Nice vase Cindy ... and WELCOME !! Joy :)

i need help likes this.
  7. Cindy Holle

Cindy Holle New Member

Thank you! I liked the colors. I’d like to look for a few more like it but I don’t kniw if this “style” has a name or anything. The flea market seller had no idea.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Art Glass is one of my favorite things, but I don't believe this qualifies. I suggest you do some searching on the internet for examples of vintage or antique art glass vases so you can see the range if that is your goal. INH asked to see the bottom because a lot of hand blown art glass is signed or to see if the pontil mark has been smoothed. But these are not always true indicators, so you might want to become educated and look at each piece carefully. I buy stuff and will post it here to learn. You can buy hand blown art glass at fairly cheap prices if the artist or studio is not well known or the artist is very prolific and is still working. Comments on the site also say that the art glass market has hit rock bottom. There is a lot of décor glass out there, but you will learn to tell the difference over time. I would suggest you educate yourself by watching this site and absorbing from the net. I am not one of the site's glass experts, so don't take my comments about your piece as gospel.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019
    judy likes this.
  9. Cindy Holle

Cindy Holle New Member

Thanks so much! I was drawn to the colors so I wasn’t aiming for value or a “treasure” or anything. It’s on a mantel where a modern-ish painting hangs, with similar colors.

Christmasjoy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted