Tall crackle glass vase(or decanter?) - maker?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, Aug 15, 2018.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

This is about 11.5 inches tall. The color of the glass makes me think maybe Pilgrim - but I can't find any examples of this online, and most of the stuff I've seen is smaller. Thanks again!

43334726054_0023ca7700_kdev.jpg 43995125502_1d7d846d7e_kdev.jpg 44005007082_d366265c79_kdev.jpg 43147178815_ef51db48f9_kdev.jpg 44053220171_1331ab027a_kdev.jpg

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Sure its not Blenko ? is there any wear on the inside rim? Somewhere around here Ive got a purple blenko stopper so if its in fact a decanter Ill send it to you.It went to a decanter I dropped and broke.

3. aaroncab

Youre right...It might be blenko... it's that flared out bowl-shaped lip that's throwing me.

judy likes this.
  4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Very nice! I would have to rule out vase, it just seems as if there's not enough of a reservoir at the bottom for water. But it could be a cool carafe, maybe Italian, for wine or that yellow liquer (sp?) that is popular. I'll look around.

judy and aaroncab like this.
  5. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

That bottom doesn't look like Blenko to me. It appears to have a mare and no pontil.

judy and aaroncab like this.
  6. aaroncab

That's correct, no pontil scar - unless the foot/marie would be considered one.

7. msgood2shoe

msgood2shoe Well-Known Member

Blenko, as well as most of the other West Virginia glass makers didn't do bottoms like that. I would expect a pontil mark on something in this general shape.

I'm not sure who might have made it, possibly Italian.

aaroncab likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted