Featured Teak wooden vietnamese Table (Vietnam War)

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Markster, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Markster

Markster New Member

Hello Folks,

my name is Markus and i am writing from Germany. Long story short: my father in law gave me and my wife an old teak wooden table. the story behind it: my father in law is an Vietnam Veteran who stayed and married in germany after the war. While his serving in the War he bought this table.

what he told us: the table is from teak wood, seems to be a "coffeetable", was very expensive and the carving shows the Ming Dynasty.

i hope to get some information about its worth or/and historical origins because we are supposed to sell it. But actually have absolutely no idea how to start.

please excuse my english.

looking forward for some answers

IMG-20171226-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20171226-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20171226-WA0007.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Gutten Tag mein Herr......
    Bitte....go back to your post and EDIT ....clicking on FULL IMAGE....so those on a phone can see your table.

Danke.....

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Markus.
    I am next door to you, in the Netherlands.;) Your English is fine, don't worry.

It is a beautiful table, wonderful quality, and I'm sure the furniture people would love to see more pictures, and full image, as komo said.
    Vietnam was under Chinese rule for about 800 yrs, and after that there were still close ties with China, so a Ming story on a Vietnamese table isn't all that strange.

Here is a Vietnamese table for sale, so you get an idea:
    https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/t...coffee-low-table-elephant-scene/id-f_3780732/

4. Markster

Markster New Member

thanks for your comment. maybe we should contact the owner of the website from the link you send us.

greetings to the netherlands

komokwa, Any Jewelry and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. Dawn Lane

Dawn Lane New Member

I also have this coffee table with two end table. Did you have any luck selling yours

Any Jewelry likes this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

this member u are addressing......was here Dec 2017............
    and never came back.......

there will be no answer forthcoming...but u could start a new thread with your table.....should you wish to know more about it..

Draft saved Draft deleted