Featured Teapot mark identification. Likely Chinese.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by James01, Feb 18, 2024.

1. James01

James01 New Member

Hello. I have (what I think is) a Chinese teapot. It is slightly chipped and so I am thinking about giving it to a charity/thrift store. However, I would like to know more about it. I have tried to identify the pottery marks, however I have been unable to do this. I would be extremely grateful for any advice. The first image is the mark on the base, and the second image is the mark on the inside of the lid. The third image is an image of the whole teapot. Many thanks, James

Attached Files:

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

3. komokwa

4. komokwa

5. komokwa

6. James01

James01 New Member

Thank you so much for this. I really appreciate the identification, and the relevant links. I will have to tell my mom, and see what she wants to do.

7. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

8. komokwa

have u told her what a gentleman I am..???:shame::shame:...:angelic:

9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

10. James01

James01 New Member

Hi. That is very interesting, thank you.

komokwa, Chinoiserie and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. Jose Deleon

Jose Deleon Active Member

Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  12. James01

James01 New Member

Wow. That Facebook page is amazing. It is such a great resource. Thanks very much for posting that link.

Figtree3 and Jose Deleon like this.
  13. Jose Deleon

Jose Deleon Active Member

Anytime we all here to help & try our best

Draft saved Draft deleted