Featured Teapot paperweight?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by coreya, Jun 24, 2019.

1. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

Could not resist this when I saw it at our local Illwill for 1.98. Is very heavy (right at 2 lbs) but only 5 1/4 inches high X 5 1/2 inches wide (spout to handle). Solid glass with a ground smooth base and twisty spirals. Any Ideas on this? I've never seen a teapot paperweight before (shows how sheltered I've been :cigar::cigar:) Again any input appreciated! BTW no marks or signatures I could see.

101_1653-1.jpg 101_1654-1.jpg 101_1655-1.jpg 101_1656-1.jpg 101_1657-1.jpg 101_1658-1.jpg 101_1659-1.jpg

2. Dave47

Dave47 Active Member

eBay has "way too many" considering I did not recall seeing them before. Unsigned and not finding an exact duplicate for pricing implies it is likely to be in the $5 to $15 range.

Christmasjoy, cxgirl and judy like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Modern Chinese, I've had one or two. Fun little things.

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

It is very cute!

5. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I've got a couple kicking around, here is one with the label still in place.
    DSCF4417.jpg DSCF4420.jpg

6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Love both of them !!! .. Joy. :)

7. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

I saw the ones on ebay but mine has a more pronounced top than all of the ones I was able to find also the weight seems extreme for such a small piece of glass but I'm more used to bottles and jars so what do I know! :cigar::cigar::cigar:

8. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

I found a similar one on pinterest but couldn't get any info on it as it would not let me in. Anyone have better luck?

9. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Maybe attach screenshot and link.

10. coreya

coreya Well-Known Member

used a different computer and the link took me to ebay but couldn't find on either for sale or sold. similar shape.
    [​IMG]

i need help and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted