Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
The first Gigapixel Museum in the world.
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Firemandk, post: 3196016, member: 7258"][USER=2844]@Any Jewelry[/USER] , Wyatt, my 5 year old, is fascinated with Rembrandt's "Anatomy Lesson" painting... I expect we can have it on loan here at my house for a year or so , yes ? lol.... I was fortunate to have a wonderful 3rd grade teacher Miss LaTanndress ( ? spelling?) who taught us all the masters, played Beatles music in German on rainy days, had full size mannequins she would dress with period costumes for history , and was a wonderful artist herself : she died a few years ago in her 90's.... also had a great High school Art history teacher , Mr. Vaughn, who was more into Salvador Dali and Art Dada..... which leads me to a really humerous story , and I wish I could show you the video... when wyatt was very young and his vocabulary was just a few words, just after his 1st birthday he sat in front of his toy upright piano, selecting notes one by one , as I videoed him , playing all in sharps and minors , all very slowly and methodically till he was done and looked up and said "DADA !" and by god, he was correct , it was a very Art dada piece....lol ... Thanks for the post , having a fun tour !!![/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Firemandk, post: 3196016, member: 7258"][USER=2844]@Any Jewelry[/USER] , Wyatt, my 5 year old, is fascinated with Rembrandt's "Anatomy Lesson" painting... I expect we can have it on loan here at my house for a year or so , yes ? lol.... I was fortunate to have a wonderful 3rd grade teacher Miss LaTanndress ( ? spelling?) who taught us all the masters, played Beatles music in German on rainy days, had full size mannequins she would dress with period costumes for history , and was a wonderful artist herself : she died a few years ago in her 90's.... also had a great High school Art history teacher , Mr. Vaughn, who was more into Salvador Dali and Art Dada..... which leads me to a really humerous story , and I wish I could show you the video... when wyatt was very young and his vocabulary was just a few words, just after his 1st birthday he sat in front of his toy upright piano, selecting notes one by one , as I videoed him , playing all in sharps and minors , all very slowly and methodically till he was done and looked up and said "DADA !" and by god, he was correct , it was a very Art dada piece....lol ... Thanks for the post , having a fun tour !!![/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
The first Gigapixel Museum in the world.
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...