The Ronettes 1963

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Vintage Maven, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

An original 1963, 45 rpm first pressing of The Ronettes/Be My Baby

I got this single and many others from a long retired Canadian music company rep. I got the connection to this guy through a vintage vinyl shop in another part of the city that I stop by from time to time. I was having a music conversation with the stores owner, and eventually this music company rep’s name came up. It sounded like he was considering off-loading much of his collection. I was put in contact with him. I spoke with him and we made arrangements for me to stop by. It was a beautiful springtime day, I was greeted by a very nice elderly man who was glad I came by, he had many stories & spoke of a great many years in the music industry. It was wonderful, my only regret is I wish I could have spent more time there. The condition of much of his collection was mint condition, I don’t think he actually played a lot of the records. This Ronettes record is in amazing condition. I didn’t just walk out of there with some great vintage records, I walked away with someone’s memories......I remember it was a beautiful springtime day.

AC0A153C-D82C-4CDF-B22A-0E12311331DE.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  2. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted