Featured There is Tonnage of Antiques & Vintage at this Fort Wayne, Indiana Estate Sale

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Joe2007, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

EstateSales.NET

Would love to be able to attend in person but alas even rummaging through this estate sale by photo is entertaining too. Seeing a lot of decent stuff but not a lot on the higher end. Am sure this sale will be jammed packed with pickers and antique dealers as the bulk of the stuff would fit in at any antique mall or eBay store. And there is just soooo much of it to be had! Hopefully the estate sale operator is pricing it to sell since there is just so much, they need to get cleared out. They need folks to buy by the truckload and bring their trailer too.

2. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

Oh my! Love the company name. LOL I do estate sales and that one is going to be wild. All those small vintage items bring out the online resellers in droves and they like to spend lots of time going over their goodies before they buy. I don't see prices on everything, so the staff better have their running shoes on. Hope they have LOTS of employees around to keep eyes on everything!

Figtree3, cxgirl and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

The picture of Bette Davis is about the only thing Id really want. Lots of nice glass and pottery,but nothing that excited me. Those folks never threw anything away apparently .

Figtree3 and cxgirl like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I like the name too! Saw some jewelery in there but nothing to get excited about. It was all very pedestrian costume. THis may be a case where the seller bulk prices everything. Pile it up, y'all!

5. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Good lord-- that's a bus load of stuff!!!

johnnycb09 and cxgirl like this.
  6. evelyb30

A bus....and a semi!

johnnycb09 and Potteryplease like this.
  7. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

as an oldtimer this is what sales use to look like - i miss the rummage factor so much - grabbing stuff by the armfull - haven't seen a sale like this since I left Maryland and moved to Florida in 1999 - those were the days...

8. evelyb30

I haven't seen a real digger sale in ages either. They happen, but since so many have gone to on line auctions most of the fun is gone. I look at the auction items and say either "meh" or "that's going out of my range" and don't bother going back.

Did find two this weekend, both alas professionally run. One is tchochke heaven, but they were advertising pewter and (*GAG* reflex alert!) Hummels. Cabbage Patch Kid dolls - not my thing but apparently they're making a comeback. They advertise jewelry but I have a bad feeling it's all Avon. No pictures. There's a picture on the second page of weighted sterling candlesticks, but at best they'd cover the gas to get there and back.

https://estatesales.org/estate-sales/ct/windsor-/06095/toys-collectibles-furniture-more-in-2275537

Planning hit that one after this one: https://estatesales.org/estate-sales/ct/windsor/06095/vintage-decor-ethan-allen-furniture-2274273

Nothing much in the pictures, but they advertise jewelry and don't show any...and it's someplace I can find blindfolded. The condo development is on the road to a friend's house. There's some modernish Chinese decor pieces, but what I'm after is what they didn't think was worth showing.

9. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

I do this too-- strategic analysis of what the sale runners post about the site beforehand. There was one a while ago that had pictures of pottery I'm after but didn't mention it in their otherwise elaborate descriptions. That's what got me to go there. I ended up doing so-so-- the one pot in particular I was after was picked up by someone else as I was reaching for it. Dang.

komokwa likes this.
  10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

there's noting I need there......but the violin looks interesting and the fish lures are always a good shot in the dark....
    & the old metal toys....

What...... no guns ?

Potteryplease likes this.
  11. evelyb30

That's how I hit that massive sterling score in December. The professional company advertised Wedgwood basaltware and a pile of glass. Most of it was still there when they packed everything up to take it to their auction house, even though one dude drove about 70 miles for some of it. No mention anywhere of a full sterling service for 12 sitting there with serving pieces. They never looked - thought it was plated. No pictures even of the cabinet where the serving bits were. When I went back the second day, I found a pair of Arabia mid-century vases stuffed in the back of a cabinet. No one had ever gotten them out. ((confused look))

Draft saved Draft deleted