Featured THIS OLD SALT BOX HOUSE CONTENTS AUCTION LOOKS GREAT!!!!! WONDER...

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Aquitaine, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Makes me nostalgic for the older of the 2 houses I lived in in Newburyport. :(

3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

It's wonderful...inside and out!

4. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I worked on a salt box home once, they don't do real well in southern Louisiana!

6. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I like the Moses sign. The interior is almost too text book but nice!

Aquitaine likes this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

There were several Moses Rolfes in Old Town, Newbury in history. The oldest I found was a captain of a brig whose boat was captured by Spanish privateers, left for dead, rescued and brought back to Cape Ann but died shortly after arrival in 1762. There's a Rolfes Lane that runs off the old town square toward the beach that is no doubt the site of Rolfe family homes/farms/etc.

8. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

We built and lived in a replica of the Parson Capen House. Brings back a lot of memories. Had the same latches, HL hinges, doors, etc.

9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I would SO LOVE to go to that auction, HOWEVER, am NOT looking to be too tempted to bring anything else home, so I WILL be satisfied with looking at the images!!!!! HEAR ME, SELF!!!!! I WILL BE SATISFIED LOOKING AT PICTURES!!!!!

komokwa, pearlsnblume and kyratango like this.
  10. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Love your avi aqui.

Aquitaine and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted