Featured This weeks finds: some gold, bakelite, turquoise, Norwegian and Victorian

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Dessert58, Apr 21, 2024.

1. Dessert58

Dessert58 Well-Known Member

IMG_7805.jpeg IMG_7806.jpeg IMG_7807.jpeg IMG_7809.jpeg IMG_7811.jpeg IMG_7808.jpeg I had a good (jewelry) week this week. Will we look at what I found?
    Some yellow swirl bakelite hoops! Love them.
    I was looking for some Native American turquoise bracelets for sale online, but those are pricey where I live and out of my budget!
    Instead I bought this silver raw turquoise bracelet and the silver and Guilloche Hans Myrhe bracelet online for cheap.
    Ah well:
    'you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometime, you find you get what you need' :D
    The Vesta case is white metal, it came with a junk lot I bought online. But will you look at that amazing (Belcher?) chain! We call it 'Jasseron'. Its links are huge and its length is82cm in total.
    I love long chains
    I have been looking for a big one like this to hang my Flemish Hearts (previous post) on. This is the way they used to be worn, back in the days.
    The ring is silver and very pale rose quartz. Nothing special but I like to wear it. Also came in the same junk lot.
    Today at a flea market I found two small gold medals and the silver paperclip chain for 1€ and the Victorian Rococo revival brooch for 5€.
    Will you look at its back! how beautiful and detailed it was constructed!
    Its silver with a gold layer and it clearly took its inspiration in Iberian jewelry.
    I have a similar brooch with green paste stones laying around somewhere.
    So, what is your favorite?
    Thanks for looking!

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I like the brooch. Thanks for sharing!

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Are you sure that vesta is just "white metal"? I'd be thinking silver; it's marked like a silver one would be.

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Ditto.

Houseful and Figtree3 like this.
  5. Dessert58

Dessert58 Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your love and your nice comments.
    The vesta case really wants to look like silver, but it is not. Those marks are jibberish and it definitely tests as not silver.

Draft saved Draft deleted