Thought this was a Jimmy Swinnerton painting, but all I've found have printed sig's not script?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Mar 22, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Found this today hunting at a local thrift store, and when I goggled the name I saw a lot of rare Jimmy Swinnerton painting - so I bought it.
    But at home (I know I should have looked better before buying but it wasn't expensive & it is pretty) when I looked at these Jimmy Swinnerton paintings I saw that all the signatures were printed/block letters instead of in script like mine.
    Can anyone tell me who the artist of my painting was? I'm hoping Swinnerton is unusual enough - and spelled right - that it isn't a factory painting?
    Thanks as always for any information!

ART PAINTING FLORAL SWINNERTON 1AA.JPG ART PAINTING FLORAL SWINNERTON 2AA.JPG ART PAINTING FLORAL SWINNERTON 3AA.JPG ART PAINTING FLORAL SWINNERTON 8AA.JPG

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Certainly eye-catching but... Factory.

Debora

Bakersgma, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

4. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

5. journeymagazine

It does look like same painting - like they gave out outlines & each artist colored the flowers as they liked!

6. Pat Dennis

Pat Dennis Active Member

Go to YouTube and search for “Chinese Painting Factory”. I think you will find some interesting and informative videos.

7. journeymagazine

I will - I need to! Thanks

8. Mark London

Mark London Well-Known Member

I say this with great respect, you should also take the time to visit a few fine art museums and spend a few hours really looking at the paintings. Learning about art is really a prerequisite to buying art.

Draft saved Draft deleted