Featured Thoughts on the "vintage" nature of this shade.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Miscstuff, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

The beads are glass and some strings have lost them. Wondering if this is vintage and if so how vintage?
    Data
    16.5cm Diameter
    18cm Drop
    0.38Kg

1s.jpg
    2s.jpg
    3s.jpg

2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Got a 20s vibe to me. Look up Czech glass beaded shades. Not sure, but these may have dangled right from the bulb.

3. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

ME LIKELY A LOT!!!! Sorry to yell but that is fun and a lot of work!!!

pearlsnblume, ulilwitch and judy like this.
  4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Who wants to look at a naked light bulb? I have several that are wire twisted into the shape of the bulb covered with glass rhinestones.
    greg

5. ritzyvintage

ritzyvintage Well-Known Member

Due to the heat from a lightbulb it's more likely to have been used as a decorative bottle/decanter cover.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. judy

judy Well-Known Member

For use on oil/kerosene lamps. This one probably fit on a glass chimney......imo.

7. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

From what I see, Miscstuff's has a hoop support frame inside it, so it wouldn't take the shape of a bottle like your examples.

8. judy

judy Well-Known Member

9. ritzyvintage

ritzyvintage Well-Known Member

Agreed. I've also just noted the size/diameter. It still looks very delicate to me.

pearlsnblume and ulilwitch like this.
  10. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I have a slag glass shade that had beaded fringe.....slowly they kept falling, so I finished the job.

pearlsnblume, ulilwitch and sabre123 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted