Featured Thoune Switzerland pottery marks

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lecollectionneur, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Lecollectionneur

Lecollectionneur Well-Known Member

I've put online a reference publication made about Thoune or Thun pottery which was found until today for turist and house use.
    The pdf can be downloaded under this adress, this is an automatic download adresse on one of my website.
    Thera are results from an auction in 2006 then the results are no more realistic today, a lot of things have changed especially with the condition of the pieces in the valuation.
    [​IMG]

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I've only ever found one piece of Thun, but I've held on to it.
    MajolicaPlate-i.jpg

Seems to be unmarked.

4. Lecollectionneur

A lot of the pieces sold at the museum were unmarked, they were painted in many workshops especially for that, the inner painting was maid after glazing by home painters.
    A restorator for oil painting can repair the view of the "Château de Chillon" taken from Montreux on the Leman lake.

i need help likes this.
  5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I have virtually no information on my piece. I didn't know Thun wares existed until I got that much of an ID on it. While I'm confident this could be professionally restored, I doubt that it would be worth the expense.

I had no idea what the English know as lake Geneva is Lac Léman to the French. I knew the view showed Chateau Chillon, but looked it up just to see if it was Swiss, or French. (It's Swiss.)

6. Lecollectionneur

Léman is the right name, since the roman time(Lacus Lemanus), they are the french who called him Lac de Genève but if I just say Léman, nobody can know that is a lake…:bookworm:
    Those plates with painted scenes were very expensive 20 years ago in perfect condition, now it's like all items in used conditon, prices are down, the bigger ones, 15 to 20" are expensive, the small ones are under 150Sfr. in good condition.

7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

This is small... 19cm (17 3/8").

Draft saved Draft deleted