Featured Three Crowns Silversmiths - Ingrid Collector! (Royal Hickman)

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Mecklenburg Vintage Man, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Incidentally, I just acquired the Chocolate Pot with the side handle, but it's finial is missing. On the post that DragonflyWink linked, there is a picture with a creamer and a sugar/creamer set that shows a tropical fish finial. However, the chocolate pot I purchased has circular scratches on the lid that lead me to believe it should have the "Scorpion/Orchid" finial instead.
    I'd love to make my pot whole again - anybody got an extra creamer lid with the Scorpion finial? ;-)

Figtree3, komokwa and i need help like this.
  2. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Hi - you're doing great in your posts.

Suppose I chould have mentioned that those pictures I posted were of the fish coffee set, the first with tray and coffee pot, the second of the tray with sugar and creamer, believe it's very unlikely that the blossom finial was ever used on that simple cylinder pot with its angular handle (would seem an incongruous combination to me). The coffee pot should be right around 8" tall, not including finial, and despite the side handle and high spout, believe it was almost certainly sold as a coffee pot, rather than chocolate pot - the right-angle handle and spout position were design choices, not uncommon on Scandinavian/Scandinavian-inspired and Modernist tea and/or coffee sets (the Three Crowns blossom motif coffee pot also has a high short spout). Posting a close-up of the fish finial that should show where your circular scratches came from:

threecrownsroyalhickmanfishcoffeeset-5a.jpg

~Cheryl

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
    Figtree3 and SBSVC like this.
  3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Hi Mecklenburg! Thanks for adding your thoughts about the 3-Crowns line! I made the Ingrid thread a few months ago, received so much helpful information from the folks here! I plan to polish my salad server set up and will post a photo of it when I do. Thank you so much and welcome to Antiquers!

Attached Files:

i need help likes this.
  4. Kim stanley

Kim stanley New Member

Hi I recently received the salad set as a family heirloom but it has the three crowns but also says royal Hickman does that mean anything different? I haven’t been able to find anything like that the marks I mean. Thank you in Advance I can send a picture but not sure how to do that lol thanks again Kim stanley

antidiem likes this.
  5. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Royal Hickman (1893-1969) was the designer...

~Cheryl

antidiem likes this.
  6. antidiem

Welcome @Kim stanley to Antiques! Please attach your photo to an email to yourself and it will compress your photo so you can post it here.

7. CorgiSam

CorgiSam New Member

Here's an item I found in some things from my late uncle's estate, any idea on it's age and or worth?

Attached Files:

8. antidiem

@CorgiSam , please make a new thread for your item and state what it is in the title. Your photos are great, but this is such an old thread, no one will see it.

Also please click "Full Image" on the pictures once you get them loaded, so that they will display properly and not as thumbnails. It's hard to click back and forth on thumbnails to see the views. Thank you.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. crazy4gems

crazy4gems New Member

Hi,.....I’m familiar with the second picture of the 3 crowns in a clover like pattern. It’s a Swedish hallmark for fineness. Used on both silver and gold items. They call it a “cat foot”. If it is in that clover shape,.....the item has been made in Sweden. If it is the same mark in an oval shape,.....it’s put on items that have been imported to Sweden.

antidiem likes this.
  10. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Hi, @crazy4gems , Mecklenburg included the Swedish mark to show that Royal Hickman used a mark which was based on the Swedish mark, but clearly different. Their modified three crown mark was only used for certain pieces.

antidiem likes this.
  11. Darkwing Manor

Darkwing Manor Well-Known Member

I wanted to share this set of six 3 Crowns steak knives that belonged to my mother. Note the beading is in a straight line, so I am calling it a variation on the Ingrid pattern. Replacements Ltd labels it as TWE2 . I haven't been able to find any other examples of these on-line, only a short 1946 line-ad that mentioned a knife for $10.
    mail3.jpg mail1.jpg mail2.jpg 3 crowns knife mention.jpg

antidiem likes this.
  12. Darkwing Manor

Would this one work? Probably too big? https://www.ebay.com/itm/233770368599?ul_noapp=true

13. Reverend Zan

Reverend Zan New Member

Good afternoon,
    My name is Zan and I live in Georgia.
    I just found this site and hope I am communicating correctly. I recently found a 3 crown heart shaped dish at a thrift store. I have not seen anything like it since I started searching it. I would love to send 2 pictures to you and would love to know what you think.

Darkwing Manor likes this.
  14. Darkwing Manor

Post away! Here are helpful links for posting images: be sure and click the Full Image, not Thumbnails, before you submit:
    When posting images:

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    there are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

15. Reverend Zan

Reverend Zan New Member

16. Reverend Zan

Reverend Zan New Member

17. antidiem

Looks like Royal Hickman "Ingrid" design to me.

Darkwing Manor likes this.
  18. Darkwing Manor

19. Darkwing Manor

20. Soup

Soup New Member

candlestick side 4mp.jpg candlestick upright 4mp.jpg Hi all,

I have two candle/lamp holders that I believe are part of the Ingrid collection. I am wondering if anyone can help me identify exactly what item they are and what the value of them would be. I cannot seem to find much on this item online.

antidiem and SBSVC like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted