Thrift find - a large art folder full of paintings by a Mendez of Peru; has anyone heard of him?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Feb 24, 2024.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

These are just some of the paintings I've found in a large carboard art folder(?) full of posters, prints & paintings- most of the paintings so far are by a Mendez of Peru - but it's one of 6 I got and I still have 4 more sitting in my suv because this has become a little overwhelming! (I'm thinking of having a auction house come get them & let them do all the sorting, photographing, listing & selling - all the work for 25% of the sales)
    1 painting is signed Luis Mendez, but I only found a Louis Mendez - is this the same artist & are these all by the same artist?
    Thank you for any information - it helps (and will let me separate a large portion as :known artist" because a lot of the signatures are indistinguishable. So far on the prints (still in 1st folder/box!) I have been able to identify signatures of Audrey Grendahl Kuhn, Sondra Mayer, Rita Schwartz & Ruth Leaf - so knowing who Mendez is will help add more to the "known artist" pile!)

ART PAINTING SECCA A GROUP 1AA MENDEZ BAA.jpg ART PAINTING SECCA A GROUP 1AA MENDEZ DAA.jpg

ART PAINTING SECCA A GROUP 1AA MENDEZ AAA A GROUP BA.jpg ART PAINTING SECCA A GROUP 1AA MENDEZ AAA A GROUP CA.jpg ART PAINTING SECCA A GROUP 1AA MENDEZ AAA A GROUP DA.jpg ART PAINTING SECCA A GROUP 1AA MENDEZ AAA A GROUP DAA.jpg

ART PAINTING SECCA A GROUP 1AA MENDEZ AA INDIAN CARRYING STRAW AAA.jpg ART PAINTING SECCA A GROUP 1AA MENDEZ AA INDIAN CARRYING STRAW BAA.jpg

ART PAINTING SECCA A GROUP 1AA MENDEZ AA INDIAN PLAYING FLUTE BA.jpg ART PAINTING SECCA A GROUP 1AA MENDEZ AA INDIAN PLAYING FLUTE CA.jpg

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Luis Méndez not an uncommon name for an artist but... I can't find one in Peru.

Debora

3. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

I think if you're overwhelmed, and you'd be trying to sell these anyway, then an auction house sounds like the right idea. A weight off of you and a good deposit later.

Any Jewelry and journeymagazine like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted