Featured Thrift store find - jacket with Picasso looking art on back?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by journeymagazine, Oct 1, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this jacket at a thrift store today - it didn't have a tag but the art on the back was beautiful & I had to buy it!

At first I thought it was just done by an artist on a random jacket, but then I saw some of the sayings stitched under the back collar & near the bottom of the front of the jacket which I don't think a painter would know how to do (although there are mis spellings or the person speaks a different english!)

I tried doing a google image search and didn't get anything until I did just the face and then this came up: Jc Penny [Explicit] by Shady Af on Amazon Music - Amazon.com

I'm guessing Shady af is a hip hop singer (since it has a explicit warning) but I'm not 100 percent.

Has anyone seen this jacket before or can tell me anything about it?
    The sayings stitched in it are anti war I believe - any idea what war?

ANY information would be greatly appreciated - thank you!

CLOTHES JACKET PAINTED 1AA.JPG CLOTHES JACKET PAINTED 4AA.JPG CLOTHES JACKET PAINTED 3AA.JPG CLOTHES JACKET PAINTED 6AA.JPG CLOTHES JACKET PAINTED 7A+AA.JPG CLOTHES JACKET PAINTED 8AA.JPG

Born2it, Figtree3, PepperAnna and 5 others like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

3. journeymagazine

moreotherstuff likes this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Shady is Eminem - Slim Shady. A lot of hip-hoppers develop a clothing line.

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I searched the quote on the front.

6. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

moreotherstuff and Bronwen like this.
  7. journeymagazine

8. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Oh, OK , was just trying to help you out.......

9. journeymagazine

No it's very much appreciated!

Born2it and Rayo56 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted