Thrift store find today - 1897 C D Hunt painting - real?!

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Jul 13, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

This came in today at a regular thrift store I go to everyday. I saw it as it was brought in & asked the manager how much? (!)
    He told me $100 - because the frame was old & large (it is - I'm guessing 4ft x 3ft & 2-3" thick).
    I looked up C D Hunt and found some of his paintings were canvas on board - is that what mine is? (I thought it was just board by look & feel, but there is some crackling in sky; would that happen on board or just canvas?)
    And most important - do you think this is real?! I think a art collector passed away & relatives with no idea have been donating his work (maybe it came from house/estate sale I found the Leon Voirin painting in?? lol
    Thanks as always for any help.
    PS - It appears darker to me in my house; I took photos by my car in sunlight as soon as I got it out of the thrift store - maybe needs a cleaning to be that bright inside?

ART PAINTING 1879 C D HUNT PAINTING 1AA.jpg ART PAINTING 1879 C D HUNT PAINTING 2A_AA.jpg ART PAINTING 1879 C D HUNT PAINTING 2AA.jpg ART PAINTING 1879 C D HUNT PAINTING 3AA.jpg ART PAINTING 1879 C D HUNT PAINTING 6AA.jpg ART PAINTING 1879 C D HUNT PAINTING 9AA.jpg

Any Jewelry and verybrad like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Looks good to me. He painted the Adirondacks.

Debora

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Looks like canvas around the siggy. Maybe some restoration... that rectangle in the sky?

4. journeymagazine

Weird right?

Boland likes this.
  5. journeymagazine

The man looks really, really small!

6. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

It’s like we are suppose to be spotting a UFO.

7. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

And really really shifty !

Did anyone see a man in a baseball cap looking at odds with himself, at that place near the time of the murder ? :)

Or have I been watching too much true crime:playful:

8. journeymagazine

Where's Waldo? !

charlie cheswick likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted