Tibetan items-comments pls

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Boland, Oct 10, 2026 at 6:56 PM.

  1. Boland

    Boland Well-Known Member

    IMG_7046.jpeg IMG_7047.jpeg IMG_7048.jpeg IMG_7045.jpeg Hi all,these are not mine but I do have the opportunity to purchase. Please give me your opinions. The mask has a good look. Thinking vintage wall decor item? (pity I only have the 1 photo) The hand bell I thought might be antique,good patina and looks use to me? It’s fairly heavy and about 20cm or so in length.

    Are both items vintage? Thank you for any comments.

    From google:

    “This is a vintage or antique Vaishnava Pooja Ghanti (Hindu ritual handbell), traditionally handcrafted from solid bronze or brass. These sacred bells are used by priests or devotees during daily Hindu prayer ceremonies (puja) and ritual worship (arati) to invoke divine energies and drive away negative influences”


    “‘The image shows a traditional ritual or temple hand bell (known as a ghanta in Hinduism or a prayer bell in Tibetan and Nepalese traditions) crafted from bronze or brass, featuring a ribbed handle topped with an ornate finial (such as a deity or sacred motif like Garuda or a vajra-inspired crown)”

    “ The item is a carved and painted wooden or composite ceremonial mask, resembling a wrathful Himalayan or Tibetan Buddhist deity such as Mahakala or Bhairav”
     
    komokwa, Potteryplease and wlwhittier like this.
  2. komokwa

    komokwa The Truth is out there...!

    I'd leave the mask in favour of the bell...
     
    Boland likes this.
  3. Boland

    Boland Well-Known Member

    Thanks Komo,I like them both. But the bell is also my first ‘choice’
     
    komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted
Similar Threads: Tibetan items-comments
Forum Title Date
Antique Discussion Large wood copper silver Tibetan bowl Aug 10, 2025
Antique Discussion Tibetan Tsebum long life vase Aug 10, 2025
Antique Discussion Tibetan ghau Aug 10, 2025
Antique Discussion New here.. Inherited many mostly Tibetan antiques hoping to get some information on Aug 10, 2025
Antique Discussion Tibetan Buddhist handheld prayer wheel I know nothing about Apr 30, 2025

Share This Page