Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Tibetan items-comments pls
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Boland, post: 13207357, member: 20937"][ATTACH=full]561215[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]561214[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]561213[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]561212[/ATTACH] Hi all,these are not mine but I do have the opportunity to purchase. Please give me your opinions. The mask has a good look. Thinking vintage wall decor item? (pity I only have the 1 photo) The hand bell I thought might be antique,good patina and looks use to me? It’s fairly heavy and about 20cm or so in length.</p><p><br /></p><p>Are both items vintage? Thank you for any comments.</p><p><br /></p><p>From google:</p><p><i><br /></i></p><p><i>“This is a vintage or antique Vaishnava Pooja Ghanti (Hindu ritual handbell), traditionally handcrafted from solid bronze or brass. These sacred bells are used by priests or devotees during daily Hindu prayer ceremonies (puja) and ritual worship (arati) to invoke divine energies and drive away negative influences”</i></p><p><br /></p><p><i>“‘The image shows a traditional ritual or temple hand bell (known as a ghanta in Hinduism or a prayer bell in Tibetan and Nepalese traditions) crafted from bronze or brass, featuring a ribbed handle topped with an ornate finial (such as a deity or sacred motif like Garuda or a vajra-inspired crown)”</i></p><p><i><br /></i></p><p><i>“ The item is a carved and painted wooden or composite ceremonial mask, resembling a wrathful Himalayan or Tibetan Buddhist deity such as Mahakala or Bhairav”</i></p><p><i></i>[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Boland, post: 13207357, member: 20937"][ATTACH=full]561215[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]561214[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]561213[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]561212[/ATTACH] Hi all,these are not mine but I do have the opportunity to purchase. Please give me your opinions. The mask has a good look. Thinking vintage wall decor item? (pity I only have the 1 photo) The hand bell I thought might be antique,good patina and looks use to me? It’s fairly heavy and about 20cm or so in length. Are both items vintage? Thank you for any comments. From google: [I] “This is a vintage or antique Vaishnava Pooja Ghanti (Hindu ritual handbell), traditionally handcrafted from solid bronze or brass. These sacred bells are used by priests or devotees during daily Hindu prayer ceremonies (puja) and ritual worship (arati) to invoke divine energies and drive away negative influences”[/I] [I]“‘The image shows a traditional ritual or temple hand bell (known as a ghanta in Hinduism or a prayer bell in Tibetan and Nepalese traditions) crafted from bronze or brass, featuring a ribbed handle topped with an ornate finial (such as a deity or sacred motif like Garuda or a vajra-inspired crown)” “ The item is a carved and painted wooden or composite ceremonial mask, resembling a wrathful Himalayan or Tibetan Buddhist deity such as Mahakala or Bhairav” [/I][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Antique Discussion
>
Tibetan items-comments pls
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...