Featured Tiffany glass blower A.DOUGLAS NASH CORP..cracked painful

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bigfoot, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

HELLO ALL..I purchased this box today..I was shocked when I opened it and saw it was NASH..then I was shocked again when I saw the crack from behind..from the top its pretty much invisible unless the light is hitting it just right you can barely see it..but from under its easier to see..my question how bad does it effect the value..im not sure what its valued at in perfect condition and I don't expect you to give me a value..im just curious will it drop it 25 or 50 percent or is it worthless...thanks in advance for your help...Andy PICT0019.JPG PICT0020.JPG PICT0021.JPG PICT0032.JPG PICT0039.JPG PICT0027.JPG PICT0029.JPG PICT0030.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

nice cigarette box......the crack kinda blends in....
    u could throw a fine line of super glue on it....
    it could lower the price by 15 %.....or so.. IMHO

3. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I'm sorry but I doubt it's worth much with cracked glass.

4. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

thanks for your help...I just read that Nash came up with favrile for lc Tiffany..it said Nash would not even tell Louis comfort Tiffany his formula..A Douglas Nash pieces seem to be extremely rare??

antidiem, cxgirl and anundverkaufen like this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

If you are going to sell it I wouldn't do any type of repair. I would leave it to the new owner.

JMHO

antidiem, patd8643, dude and 2 others like this.
  6. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Active Member

I agree..thanks to all

antidiem, Christmasjoy and dude like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted