Featured Tiffany Studios - Whatsit?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by verybrad, Jun 14, 2019.

1. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

What do you now, Tiffany called it a whatsahoosie too!

Figtree3 likes this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Think this is it! I was thinking a cigar ashtray with the bar for knocking ash off. The lines going horizontal is due to this not truly being a pine needle piece. The shininess of this set is due to being a gilt set. Offered in bronze or with gilt.

3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

That makes sense functionally... But now, who would want to do that to a Tiffany Studios piece? I guess things were different back then.

Christmasjoy, cxgirl and Bronwen like this.
  4. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    For all you kiddies out there, it is a bar to rest your hand on when picking up a piece of scrap paper inside the box.
    greg

6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Now I will have to check and see if there was ever a cigar rest that has broken off. I will get a chance to examine this again tomorrow. Will let you know what I find out.

kentworld and cxgirl like this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WHOOPS........sorry, just noticed Bronwen already posted the LiveAuctioneers post of 2 years ago!! And the one Bronwen posted was identical BUT no bar across, AND #978, so the next model, but otherwise looked identical and they were calling it a "Trinket Box"!!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
Draft saved Draft deleted