Featured Tiffany Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Ghopper1924, Nov 7, 2019.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Well, how about the vase....With the name ??
    Without....the vase was not as attractive to him !!.......
    could be ?

scoutshouse and James Conrad like this.
  2. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Ha ha: "Pot People."

As a Rindskopf it does have worth, I'd estimate maybe half or 2/3rds of what I paid for it as a Tiffany. It was, in fact, advertised as a Tiffany piece, so it was misrepresented all down the line, probably going back to the family's estate, who will have to accept it back. I don't think they have the vaguest idea that it's a fake.

I actually do like the piece quite a bit, but as James said I did buy the name as well, so the name is what I want. Komo is kind to assume that there will be a (real) Tiffany score in the future.....hey, it's only money, right?

I've known this family of auctioneers for years here in my home state, but even with that the auctioneer was wonderful about the whole thing, a true model of good customer service. I already have the voided check. As a matter of fact, I still have the vase, too, to be picked up on their dime (they're about 2 hours away).

Thanks once again to my sharp-eyed friends on the forum: if we lived closer I'd buy you all a beer!

scoutshouse, janettekay, judy and 4 others like this.
  3. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

lol, YES! Bunch of weirdos! :p
    OK, it turned out well for you, they took it back, no harm, no foul.:joyful:

4. Ghopper1924

5. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

What I liked here was that none of us who had doubts were snarky in our posts, and the OP was both sensible and gracious in realizing that it was not Tiffany, without any 'magical thinking' or nonsensical arguments for it being genuine...

~Cheryl

scoutshouse, janettekay, judy and 7 others like this.
  6. Ghopper1924

Well Cheryl, you, Deborah and Johnny were knowledgeable, convincing, and "adult" about the whole thing. There was no doubt that you were right. I'm just grateful to have access to such knowledgeable folks; you saved me hundreds of dollars and helped me learn in the process.

Sometimes it pays to act like an adult.....:)

scoutshouse, judy, patd8643 and 4 others like this.
  7. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Indeed! Tell that to (insert name here)!

I sure did like the Trefoil Pepita.

scoutshouse, James Conrad and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted