Featured Time for another edition of "let's play a game"

Discussion in 'Silver' started by MrNate, Nov 29, 2019.

1. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

Those are lovely!!! And way to go finding them!

kyratango and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Ive REALLY got to get my act together and corral everything !

kyratango likes this.
  3. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

4. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Interesting lot,Nate, may have been collected while traveling, though there are a few singles included, so perhaps just picked up over time (where's the Australia spoon with the koala and kookaburra on the stem?) Looks like in addition to Europe, there are spoons from Asia, India, Ceylon (Sri Lanka), Egypt, Israel, Australia and the Philippines - kind of surprised the Greek spoons aren't silver, they usually are, and the Malta seems rather nicely done for plate, but looks to have some serious damage.

There's nothing of great value, but definitely some 'sellers' - the Wallace 'Irian' pattern is a good seller, as are the two David-Andersen enamel top (the very attractive Nordkapp isn't as common as the Oslo), the other Scandinavian spoons usually do well too, especially with enamel (even plated, if priced right), I've always done well with Scottish thistle spoons, and some of the enamels can bring some decent prices, but they can also sell remarkably low. Enamel bowls can sell very well, but scenics don't bring as much (sometimes not much at all), and appears two of the three in silver have some damage to the bowl, I find the Tallinn most interesting, by a well-known Polish maker,with an older Polish mark. Figural tops can do fairly well, and Bronwen's German-made Rhino is unusual and well done, the 'Norge' reindeer, also German-made, strikes my fancy...

Any that you have questions about?

~Cheryl

Last edited: Dec 1, 2019
  5. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

I really appreciate all the insight and background to the pieces. When I have a bit of free time there's still a few marks I need to research but the info you provided is more than adequate ;)

kyratango and DragonflyWink like this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

kyratango likes this.
  7. Msalicia

Msalicia Well-Known Member

Is the fork David Anderson?

MrNate likes this.
  8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Keep 'em coming Mr. Nate, love the games :):):)

Draft saved Draft deleted