Featured Tiny Nonsense Stories - Boxed set

Discussion in 'Books' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Dec 2, 2016.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Not for sale. Just felt like posting my set. I got it for Christmas in...1952. Yikes. I'm officially old. IMG_2818 (800x600).jpg IMG_2809 (800x600).jpg IMG_2811 (800x600).jpg IMG_2813 (600x800).jpg IMG_2814 (600x800).jpg IMG_2815 (800x600).jpg IMG_2816 (800x600).jpg IMG_2817 (800x600).jpg I read these books so much they're falling apart, but in a way it would be sad if they were in perfect, unloved condition. There are 12 - one for each month. The box shows all the characters from the stories. If it was in better shape it would be worth $100. Maybe my mother should have put it away!

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Have never seen that set before. Absolutely charming; can easily see why you loved (almost) to pieces.

Debora

say_it_slowly and KingofThings like this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I love those!

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

They are very cute! And well-loved is a good way to be.

5. bluemoon

bluemoon Member

This reminds me of how I managed to destroy pretty much anything as a child: if it didn't get cut-up, painted or de-assembled, it was sure to be covered in breadcrumbs and cheese.. I liked to eat in my room. And all that continued for a worryingly long time. I guess I was just bored.

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    My nephews are just stunned. I have most of my games as a child in great condition. My nephews are always wanting to play Monopoly with my 1940 set. Their mother bought them a new set last year for Christmas. It is still unused except for one time. They used it and hated it, they always want to use my old set. I keep telling her do not waste money on new games. So far she has bought them Monopoly, Clue and Cootie and three or four others, they hate them and will never use them. The kids discovered that old games were not made of plastic but wood and metal and for some reason more fun. They would rather play Royal Rummy using my old oil cloth painted set than the fancy printed boards from a new one.
    greg

7. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Great all!!!

say_it_slowly likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

And didn't squirrels dress formally in those days? Rare to see a squirrel in a hat now.

Debora

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

[​IMG].....not around here it's not !!!!! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

10. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Indeed!!!

tie.dye.cat likes this.
  11. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I was waiting for you to respond. LOL

12. Tina

Tina Member

Love those

KingofThings likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted