Featured Today's Finds - Andy Warhol Collection Nouvelle Images Soup Can Litho + Unknown Pencil Sketch?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Sep 28, 2021.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this beautiful Warhol Campbells soup can litho by(?) Nouvelle Images and the Andy Warhol Collection ay a local thrift today! With the matching frame it measures approx. 40" x 29".
    I found a almost exact same one with the same measurements - even with the NOUVELLE IMAGES ANDY WARHOL COLLECTION across the top - BUT! It has something about Printed in France along the bottom that mine doesn't (it's here on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254401747925)
    Why is mine different?

I also found a cool pencil sketch(?) dated '68 but I need help reading the artist's name please!? It looks like a momma & baby mummy or monster!

Thank you for any information!

ART PRINT CAMPBELL SOUP CAN ANDY WARHOL FOUNDATION MOUVELLE IMAGES 1A_AA.JPG ART PRINT CAMPBELL SOUP CAN ANDY WARHOL FOUNDATION MOUVELLE IMAGES 1AA.JPG ART PRINT CAMPBELL SOUP CAN ANDY WARHOL FOUNDATION MOUVELLE IMAGES 3AA.JPG ART PRINT CAMPBELL SOUP CAN ANDY WARHOL FOUNDATION MOUVELLE IMAGES 4AA.JPG ART PRINT CAMPBELL SOUP CAN ANDY WARHOL FOUNDATION MOUVELLE IMAGES 4AAA.JPG ART PRINT CAMPBELL SOUP CAN ANDY WARHOL FOUNDATION MOUVELLE IMAGES 9AA.JPG ART PRINT PENCIL DRAWING PARENT & CHILD 1AA.JPG ART PRINT PENCIL DRAWING PARENT & CHILD 2AA.JPG ART PRINT PENCIL DRAWING PARENT & CHILD 4AA.JPG

2. journeymagazine

Here is another name? maybe the title? that I can't read on the pencil sketch + the back

ART PRINT PENCIL DRAWING PARENT & CHILD 3AA.JPG ART PRINT PENCIL DRAWING PARENT & CHILD 9AA.JPG

judy and charlie cheswick like this.
  3. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The drawing is by somebody strongly influenced by Henry Moore,
    18513-1024x759.jpg

although you have to wonder if they simply thought anybody could do that.

charlie cheswick and judy like this.
  5. journeymagazine

judy likes this.
  6. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

7. journeymagazine

8. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Hard to know the answer to your question.

Almost all of our local estate sales are now done through Auctionninja. This got started during Covid and companies just stuck with it. So bizarre, but estate auction items in this format seem to sell for way more than they do on Ebay. (And with local pick up only, and zero buyer's protection.) I haven't really figured it out why they would sell for so much more than Ebay, but seems to be the case where I live.

I would say list and see what happens.

Draft saved Draft deleted