Featured Todays finds :-) Trifari & Czech

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, Nov 10, 2022.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Todays little haul from town.

Fabulous find from a shop I nearly didn’t go into as I was running late, a Trifari Fleurette necklace & earrings in fantastic condition for only £3!

B0F56C5C-AF5D-4DB0-9628-5B66EB2FE285.jpeg 6096658D-A591-430E-B6C6-D2A712EEDDC6.jpeg 3786ABFC-7759-4455-8420-43C50AEB5AFF.jpeg
    Necklace marked Czechoslovakia on the split ring.
    Is the enamel a nod to Austro Hungarian jewellery?
    26A2CD86-BA21-4660-80C6-DD58CF4A943B.jpeg CB7AA174-5B5D-4C06-963C-F539EA5F55FF.jpeg
    Pretty but filthy opaline glass necklace. Marked W Germany but restrung so anyones guess if it is.
    AFEF3B4E-2DD9-4355-A4E9-AF1351560F05.jpeg
    I don’t normally bother with modern costume jewellery but I really like this. The quality and execution is very good. The pendant can convert to a brooch. Marked Aubrey Creations but it’s not like anything of theirs I can see online so who knows. Large at c3” across.
    5981BA6A-09FA-47F2-8A02-6067560662D1.jpeg
    Think this may be silver as it shines up well. Surprised to see horse shoes in there but I suppose the Egyptians like their Arab horses!
    C435B1E7-933C-45D0-9FB1-4E8D744A0943.jpeg

wenna, Dessert58, judy and 7 others like this.
  2. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

may I ask what you used to shine /clean the Trifari with ?

judy, KSW and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very nice.

judy and KSW like this.
  4. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Nothing, it’s immaculate, it looks unworn and like it’s never been out of its box ( which sadly I don’t have!)
    Most of the stuff I buy is broken or filthy so this is a rare treat!

judy, Any Jewelry, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  5. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

Wow clean! I have quite a few sets and pieces. I noticed in the states where I live it goes for less than it does in Europe. My son & his family live in Germany and every time I go I say the same thing I could kick myself for not bringing it to sell. I have so much that I inherited both costume & real I would like to sell some that has no sentimental attachment too. I just have to find where.

judy and KSW like this.
  6. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I used to ship Trifari to Europe all the time, but sales have gone to zero lately. It used to all ship to Italy, for whatever reason.

judy and KSW like this.
  7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Great finds, KSW!

KSW likes this.
  8. NanaB

NanaB Well-Known Member

Thank you for the updated info, I am going next month and was thinking of bringing it. You just saved me a checked luggage fee.

bercrystal, KSW and judy like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yes and so is the beautiful design. They made similar pieces during the AH empire, the start of Czech costume jewellery as we have come to know it. Gorgeous colour too.:)
    It looks it to me.
    It is closer to the abundant Italian taste than to the more constrained taste of other parts of Europe.
    There are of course northerners with an abundant taste.:angelic:
    (There is always the one.:rolleyes:)

Last edited: Nov 11, 2022
    KSW and judy like this.
  10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've got that "Egyptian" bracelet with the hand of Fatima. I'm not convinced it came from there, might be revival. I think they're all meant as luck symbols.

11. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

KS-You're making me depressed (or rather I should say),I'm making myself depressed.

kyratango likes this.
  12. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

:p
    I do kiss a lot of frogs :kiss: to find treasure.
    And of course I never own up on here to my buying mistakes… :angelic::hilarious:

13. bosko69

KS-You are kissing some very sweet frogs today ! I need to slow down on my surfing and get in some physical exercise by picking .This is one of the kindest affirmative, most educated boards I've ever participated in.The amount of gratis research members do for each other is really something-thanks to all.

KSW likes this.
  14. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Well said.
    I thank my lucky stars the day I came across this forum.
    It is pretty unique. I’m so grateful to everyone who makes it what it is.

NanaB and kyratango like this.
  15. bosko69

You know I'd like to learn more about what the Brits term 'Boot Sales',never encountered anything like them in 50 years of picking in the US.
    The only folks who ever sold out of their car trunk was someone offering 'hot' (stolen ) items from the Pawnshop they'd just robbed.

KSW likes this.
  16. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

There would be a certain amount of hooky stuff at our car boot sales as they provide an easy outlet for stolen goods. Occasionally there is a Bobby patrolling or Trading Standards if someone has given them the heads up that counterfeit goods are being sold.
    The majority are people selling off their unwanted Christmas gifts, some house clearance and some new stuff, overstocks etc.
    Some of the boot sales are fabulous, fields of people selling stuff that they have no clue about, some are a waste of boot leather. You have to get there early or all the good stuff is gone and be prepared to dig into boxes of grot to find the treasures.
    Everyone gets a folding table out or puts it all in the floor on a sheet and Bobs your Uncle.
    I think you have to be a certain personality type to enjoy a boot sale. I love them, my OH loathes them and stomps around muttering about skips (USA dumpsters)and how much he hates people :rolleyes:
    You should come and visit the UK, @Ownedbybear and I can point you in the direction of some good ones :)

kyratango and Ownedbybear like this.
  17. evelyb30

You might be able to move it without eBay running interference, and at a boot sale or brocante or whatever without the effin' VAT.

18. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I adore my bootys.

On the hooky stuff, one local car boot gives me free entry, 'cos I tipped them off to someone selling a BB gun. The Old Bill were wandering round, and STILL the idiot was selling banned stuff.

I do love the under table boxes and the house clearers. But also, people selling baby clothes and such often have that One Good Thing. Heh.

KSW likes this.
  19. evelyb30

Grandma's old stuff that nobody wants any more? We all live for those junk piles!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  20. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Don’t we just!

bercrystal and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted