Featured Today's random collection of finds!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, Feb 15, 2020.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Odds and ends from the charity shop scrap bucket were the pearl hearts,Sterling bead and ring/chains, the broken Joules yellow necklace for repair, the blue tiny glass strand necklace and the two red glass beads.
    I was going to harvest the blue beads but it's rather pretty as it is. The red glass Czech beads I've been picking out of the bead basket every time I've gone into the shop and now got enough for a necklace.
    The fab Amethyst necklace and the glass pearl strand with a very lovely 9ct,real pearl clasp were bargains at £1.50 each. Beads definitely aren't original to the clasp and are scrap as losing their coating in places. Need to find some nice pearls for the clasp.
    -Pretty rhinestone tennis bracelet- any idea of age?- modernish fold over clasp.
    -1920/30s wire necklace that I think were possibly 'pearls' now just glass
    -Fab horses head cap type badge but heavier.
    - St George? on a horse and randomly in a shell pendant looks like he's slaying people rather than dragons?
    -Some silver coloured Deco or modernist type beads just because I liked them!.
    Any information welcome.
    Thanks for looking as always :)
    IMG_5147.JPG IMG_5148.JPG IMG_5149.JPG IMG_5150.JPG IMG_5151.JPG IMG_5145.JPG IMG_5144.JPG

dude, Bronwen, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Horse's head looks like an armorial. I suspect a 19th C military or similar badge. Scallop shell is interesting. Bracelet is 1960s ish.

Bronwen and KSW like this.
  3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I've yet to find another one online but the search terms make it a wide search. It really does look like he's riding over people rather than a dragon.

dude and Bronwen like this.
  4. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

has the same baguette at the bottom as the Napoleonic eagle.

dude, Bronwen and KSW like this.
  5. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

It does look like a baguette!

dude, Bronwen and kyratango like this.
  6. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

baguette (1024x193).jpg
    today's ration.

judy, dude, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

That old!. Do these deserve a thread of their own?. I've scoured the internet and can't find anything.

9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think they do: a thread with backses and frontses would be handy. @Fid - quite a few of our armorials have baguettes.

Scallop shells normally mean pilgrims.

10. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Ok, will do :)

dude, Bronwen and kyratango like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Jade?

12. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

That didn't even occur to me. I will test it with Mary Contrary Mark III who seems much more on point so far that the previous two. Thankyou for the suggestion.
    I despair of myself though. I was about to put a boring brown wooden and something boring brown bead necklace in the costume scrap bag, looked at it again, got the UV light out and yes, they are Amber :banghead:.

Any Jewelry, dude and Bronwen like this.
  13. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

What is the horse head thingy?

KSW likes this.
  14. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Not sure yet. I’m going to give it its own thread when I get home from work.

gauntlettgems likes this.
  15. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

How is Mary Contrary these days? Mark III, I can't keep up!:(
    Amber can be so boring.:yawn: If it gets to much for you, just send it to me.:playful:

Draft saved Draft deleted