Featured Today's thrift finds - a BIG plaster(?) couger/cat, a old Rolleiflex camera & a painting (of course)

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Mar 2, 2023.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

A few questions about my finds today -
    The couger/panter/cat is plaster (I think) & large - it's front toe was broken - which is why I got it for $25- but I glued it back on & it's hard to tell without knowing where / what to look for (3rd tor in from closest paw). is it a panther or cougar (The face is incredible)
    Is it mid century?

A cool looking old Rolleiflex camera - how do I tell age?

And finally a painting I can't make out the artist's name - can anyone help me with artist's name? Thoughts on the painting? (does the black paper covering back mean it's just decorative?)

Not a lot, but not a bad day of picking.

As always I appreciate your help!

ART STATUE CAT BIG 1BAA.jpg ART STATUE CAT BIG 2AA.jpg ART STATUE CAT BIG 1BAA2.jpg CAMERA ROLLIFLEX 1A-AAZZ.jpg ART PAINTING HAITIAN TALL & THIN THRIFT STORE FIND 1DAAZZ.jpg ART PAINTING HAITIAN TALL & THIN THRIFT STORE FIND 1DAAZZ.jpg ART PAINTING HAITIAN TALL & THIN THRIFT STORE FIND 3AA.jpg ART PAINTING HAITIAN TALL & THIN THRIFT STORE FIND 5AA.jpg

2. MKLH

MKLH Be the change...

Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    pearlsnblume, judy, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

The Rolli's a sure thing $,the other stuff ? Last time I saw a nice Rolli was at a G Sale in the 90's-$50,and they've appreciated since then.I'd ask Ebay after u find the Mod#.

judy and kyratango like this.
  4. journeymagazine

I Google image big cat and found one with same curled tail - they were asking 1700, but it was on 1stDibs

LauraGarnet02 and judy like this.
  5. bosko69

Journey-What type of cast is the big cat ? Is this different from the ones we see at the Garden Centers,is there a signature.For even a grand I need some educating.
    Best of luck on the statuary,hope you don't need to ship it.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  6. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Looks like a tiger to me.

7. bosko69

Is there a maker's mark on the tiger ?

8. journeymagazine

I couldn't find a mark on it - I agree with a tiger!

9. bosko69

You got one by the tail J ! Let Us know how You do on the Rolli too.

10. journeymagazine

Sold Rolli for $80 over weekend to a lady who bought over $400 of stuff that's been here awhile (surveyors tool & tri pod etc)
    I checked sold prices on eBay - especially under 'for parts or repair' and with fees, mailing it was fair price + she videotaped everything to show friends & husband - so hopefully a return customer.

11. bosko69

Congrats ! The old Rollis are classic,the better Interior Decorators use them as props (there's even cheap prop 'knock-offs').

12. journeymagazine

That's what the stuff she bought was for!

13. bosko69

There ya go-selling a million dollar property ( common on S. Florida Coast) you need decent props for 'staging'.

14. journeymagazine

Yeah - but I get more BnB owners looming to make their rental "unique" !

Draft saved Draft deleted