Featured toooooo much eye candy

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Rclinftl, Nov 27, 2022.

1. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

gearing up for a garage sale next month including lots of pottery from the big buy I mentioned... here's a sneak peak

aapot.JPG aapot2.JPG aapot4.JPG

2. laura9797

laura9797 Well-Known Member

WOWZA! I love how you it displayed!

Rclinftl, pearlsnblume and johnnycb09 like this.
  3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

that garage sale would leave me speechless !

Rclinftl, pearlsnblume and johnnycb09 like this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Thats quite an impressive amount ! 20 years ago that'd have been a kings ransom.

Rclinftl and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I WANT IT ALL!!!!!!!!!

Rclinftl and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I want to shop.

Rclinftl likes this.
  7. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

WOW! That is alot...........

Rclinftl likes this.
  8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Almost too pretty to shop!

Debora

Rclinftl likes this.
  9. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

And where is this!

Rclinftl likes this.
  10. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

Lemme at it!

Rclinftl likes this.
  11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

lovely, but I see a disaster in the making......
    how many folks get access at the same time ????

12. bosko69

Rcl's-Your story of how You came into this collection (& paid for it) is a pick for the ages Amigo.If part of this hoard contains a lot of those pieces Your realtor turned You onto-I'd tip Her (or at least give her a vase).
    Antiquer's miracle bro-it was Your turn sir.

johnnycb09 and Rclinftl like this.
  13. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Once upon a time that was a fortune. It still isn't chump change, and agree with Komo that I'd be worried if people are allowed to just grab.

14. bosko69

Yes,'once upon a time' before eBay-that was Tut's tomb.Still nothing to sneeze at.Crowd control & maybe a few friends to help supervise (count the cash).
    There's so much-it's literally like taking a 1930's factory tour !

johnnycb09 and Rclinftl like this.
  15. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

yikes - yeah I better get some help with the sale - good idea folks! and for the record I live in Fort Lauderdale Florida - I was born and raised in the sticks of Baltimore County and lived in Mt Vernon & Charles Village (John Hopkins University) my adult life until I moved to Wilton Manors an island city inside of Fort Lauderdale in 1999...

16. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Put up a sign too. You break it, you buy it.

Shoppers are often careless in how they go about looking at breakables.
    And as mentioned let only so many in at one time and get some help.

komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  17. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

That is the very first thing that came to mind. That is why I use mostly tables for garage sales. People reaching in and up with coats on, purses on shoulders - Oh the horror of what could happen. It probably doesn't matter if you use tables or shelves, just that you control access.

Having had a space at an antique mall, that's all I think about. How can someone break this and how can I prevent it. Maybe I saved a few pieces but there was still considerable breakage over the years.

18. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I just had an idea. It might work especially if you get help. Place an empty table near the pottery, bring people in to look, take down the pieces they want to see, place them on the table and let them look, turn it over, see the marks. And be sure to tape any lids, LOL! Do you have wrapping for purchases? That's something a helper could do. I think your sale could be mobbed. Good luck!

19. bosko69

Many ancients live in La Florida and it is a sultry land of much old treasure !

Rclinftl, johnnycb09 and pearlsnblume like this.
  20. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'm just wondering if a yard sale is the best place for these. I guess it depends on how yard sales tend to go in your area.

Msalicia, Rclinftl, komokwa and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted