Town full of antique shops along I-71 in SW Ohio

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Mixdenny, Jul 4, 2020.

1. Mixdenny

Mixdenny Active Member

I'm trying to remember the name of a town I visited around 2000 with lots of antique shops all in a row. It was along the I-71 corridor south of Columbus. Not as far south as Waynesville.

Dennis

judy likes this.
  2. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Waynesville is the only small town I can think of in Southwest Ohio with many small antique shops clustered together along the main business corridor although they are not as plentiful as they were 20 years ago.

Springfield, Ohio is the antique destination of the area with several large antique malls and renowned antique shows/flea markets held periodically but not many small shops.

The only other place I can think of is Mt. Victory, Ohio which is a bit north west of Columbus and is very small. It has a half dozen or so small antique shops although like Waynesville they are much diminished in recent decades. An ex wife of my uncle had relation that ran one of the shops and we always saw them at estate auctions acquiring inventory.

Caesar's Creek Flea Market is also along that corridor, visible from I-71, but they are not doing well these days and its mostly imported junk from china not antiques or vintage.

3. lovewrens

lovewrens Well-Known Member

Just saw this! Are you talking about Wapakoneta? It's in the general area and has lots of shops to visit. I saw so many nice things in those stores, much better than what you can find where I live.

Draft saved Draft deleted