Translation Please - Russian Wooden Box

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Jul 28, 2019.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Friends - sorry that this does not fall into our usual classification system but I have received translation help here before so I hope will excuse this posting. I've got a small box that I'm pretty sure is Russian but I'm afraid I can't make out the certificate. It stands about 2 3/4" tall. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    Don

IMG_20190728_143820243.jpg IMG_20190728_143919395.jpg IMG_20190728_143951771.jpg IMG_20190728_143842250.jpg

scoutshouse and judy like this.
  2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Never a problem, Don. Yes it is Russian, I am sure help will be along.

scoutshouse, judy and dgbjwc like this.
  3. April07

April07 Well-Known Member

ART WORKSHOPS
    of Moscow Regional Art Fund
    Zagorsk
    TEA CUDDY
    {two lines of product codes}
    Sort 1
    Price 3 rubles 25 kopecks
    Date of production [blank]

4. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you, April07!
    Don

5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

For future reference, you can use google translate and select the keyboard in the language to type what you see even if you don't know the language.

If you have a phone, you can use the google translate app and select camera and aim it at text. It will auto translate before your eyes:wideyed: It works fairly well on yours but would probably be better if the paper were flatter.

I tried using the keyboard and it came close to April07's

ХУДОЖЕСТВЕННЫЕ
    МАСТЕРСКИЕ
    "Мособл Худож Фонда"
    г. 3агорск
    ЧАЙНИЦА
    ТУ-86-РСФСР-089
    Артнкул СХФ МО
    Сорт 1
    Цена 3 руб 25 коп
    Дата выпуска

ARTISTIC
    WORKSHOPS
    "Mosobl Artist Foundation"
    city Zagorsk
    CADDY
    TU-86-RSFSR-089
    Artnkul SHF MO
    Grade 1
    Price 3 rub 25 kopecks
    Date of issue

Last edited: Jul 28, 2019
  6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you, SIS. I never knew the phone app existed! I just tried it out came out with roughly the translation you have above. The reference number was a little different and for some reason I couldn't get the price but all the important stuff was there.
    Don

7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

It's pretty awesome I think. My daughter showed me when we came upon some books at a flea market written in Norwegian and Swedish. With her phone we were actually reading the books on the spot. I was dumbfounded.:)

Draft saved Draft deleted