Featured Treasure Trove I need to investigate

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Bdigger, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Danno

Danno Well-Known Member

Given the strong provenance, I do not think that you have to worry about the many fakes in the marketplace. However, there is s very good chance that some of these are secretarial signatures and this is where you will want the group to weigh in.

Leading authenticator, PSA/DNA, has a nice resource for signature comparison.

https://www.psacard.com/autographfacts/historical-figures/winston-churchill/1846

I will keep an eye on the autograph boards for your post. Sometimes, it may take awhile for the resident experts to weigh in as many are highly specialized.

cxgirl, Bronwen and i need help like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I'm loving her more & more. Energetic, sentimental, keenly interested in the wide world outside of Calumet. Did her marriage end when she was still fairly young? She sounds like the kind of person who would have compiled commonplace books.

What happened to these? Imagine some no longer in very good condition. My grandmother made a pair for me. Although I was never hard on them & the exteriors remained clean & intact, over the years the old foam rubber filling turned rock hard.

SBSVC likes this.
  3. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted