Featured Trench Art Candlestix

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by springfld.arsenal, Mar 17, 2019.

1. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

About a foot tall. Can you identify all the parts each contains? I’ve never seen anything quite like these. Of course they followed me home.
    F05C7EB6-2A56-4831-98B1-CFC87E85AA29.jpeg

2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

If I were Mrs Spring I'd throw candles in them and call it solved; they look like steampunk industrial candlesticks.

3. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

Those are incredible. I agree with Evelyb30--a steampunk fan would be all over them!

4. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Spring: please don't take this as a condemnation of all you post! It's just that this happened to fit a pet peeve of mine this morning. (And -- you can't get cross at me because I always read your posts even when you are speaking Heavy Metal.

BUT...

Why, WHY!!!, can no one show the subject of their inquiry all by itself, and not surrounded by 'stuff' that distorts, adds to, subtracts from, overshadows, outshines, etc.,etc., the widget?? I envy anyone who can "identify all the parts."

I sure can't! :(

This response should be in the glories and grouchies thread, but, hey, it came upon me here. I'm so tired of trying to actually SEE some thingle which has been photographed with the light at the REAR! Of trying to determine the shape and decoration of crystal glasses which stand against Venetian blinds. (??!!)

Are there no more white sheets in the Antique World? Or dark red pillow cases??

Fid, Figtree3, Jivvy and 2 others like this.
  5. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I have vintage white sheets for sale. No red pillow cases Just Kidding but not really.

6. silverthwait

LOL! I'll use one to stuff in my mouth!

7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Sure...stuff yer mouth.....but just don't let that tie your hands !!!!!!:playful:

pearlsnblume likes this.
  8. silverthwait

9. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

This stuff was photo’d in the wild, as I found it at the gun show. Not an excuse but that’s how it was. I do try much harder with stuff that’s been captured and caged already.

10. silverthwait

I know you do, O mighty hunter! Mea culpa!

i need help likes this.
  11. Wolfgang Rolf

Wolfgang Rolf Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

They are trench art. The tops are bayonet lugs that slip on and twist to old musket type rifles. The blades were heated in a forge and twisted. The bases are the bottoms of shells that provided rifling when fired then fell away. The brass and chain are just stray bits.

12. axelrich

axelrich Active Member

Quite interesting they are...

Draft saved Draft deleted